Monday, October 1, 2012

New Section/New Week Intro Post!

Happy Monday, guys! I suppose it's officially Tuesday now, but I haven't slept yet so it doesn't count.

This week is a little crazy, so I've gone through ahead of time and decided which articles I'll be focusing on this week, and when.

Just overall, these next four weeks will be ALL about national issues mostly concerning identity and museum relationships. Since we're focusing on both Part III and Part VI this period, I think I'm going to choose a few articles from Part III and one from Part VI each week, incorporating them, comparing contrasting, ect.

The reason I'm writing this blog on Monday instead of Tuesday, is because I think I might have to shift my schedule just for this week ("already?!" you say, "but you haven't even gotten used to your schedule yet!") And to that I would reply, I know... but sometimes desperate times just call for desperate measures. I've got a whole 10-minute play due on Wednesday, which doesn't sound intimidating until you try and sit down and write a whole story with interesting characters and a compelling plot that will only last 10 minutes. Being concise is hard, so I'd like to be able to work long hours on Tuesday to get this thing done.

So, I've decided that I'll work Wednesday, Thursday, Friday this week, shifting my work days over just a smidge. This doesn't affect anyone but myself really, but this is just a heads-up and record of my thought processes. Making the shift will pay off, since what we're doing in my Playwriting class next week is reading through alllll those 10-minute plays! :)

This week I've gone through ahead of time and chosen these articles to capitalize on:

From Part III: 
#22 From On the Museum of Art: An Address by Robinson (Wednesday)
#23 Presidential Address.. by Balfour / #25 The Architectural Museum.. by Kaufman (Thursday)
From Part VI:
#55 Museums, Corporatism, and the Civil Society by Janes (Friday)

Hopefully I'll be able to tie all 4 of the articles in together, contrasting relationships going out from the museum with the identities that they are projecting.

Happy studying of Museums, I'll be back on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment